Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Unexplained Memories.

Prompt 10  Unexplained Memories

The one unexplained memory that sticks out in my mind is a memory of being in my Grandma Grashoff's basement (my grandparents basically lived in the completely finished basement) with a bunch of relatives. My youngest uncle, Rusty, came to the top of the steps with an announcement, I believe, that he had been drafted. To the best of my recollection, that is what happened. He never did go to the service which I believe had something to do with possibly a heart murmur but I don't really know and no one else seems to remember this with the intensity that I remember.
This picture is of my aunt Reeny and my Uncle Rusty in my grandparents basement in rural Iowa. Rusty was born in 1944 so this would have been during the Vietnam War.

No comments:

Post a Comment