Sunday, January 26, 2014

Daily Routines

Small update -- I am nine posts behind -- I will try to make these up in the next few weeks!

Daily Routines
Post 22


My routines obviously have varied through the years. In my early years, my family had a couple of firm routines that lasted for years. It seems now as though everyday we went out to my Grandma and Grandpa Grashoff's home for "coffee" after school. Most of my Aunts and Uncles and some cousins would be there. Everyone gathered in the finished basement of my grandparents home usually around the kitchen table. The had two stories above the basement that were only used for holidays for the most part. The basement was the location of choice. Every Sunday noon was spent eating "dinner" at my grandparents home at noon of course. Most of the day was spent there playing card games. They were pleasant times, although, there was always plenty of "lively" conversation and debate to be had!

My routines as a young mother were involved with child care. I stayed home while I had small children and provided daycare services for my nephews. Then when my youngest was three years old I started doing medical transcription at home for our doctor. I stayed at home until he went to school and then I started working in the office. Since that time I have worked in the office. I usually work from 8 to five although that does vary. I get up around 6:30 a.m., ride my exercise bike for one-half to an hour, shower, go to work. When I come home I ride my exercise bike for up to a half an hour. Then it is off to my office otherwise known as the "command center"! Time spent doing laundry, dishwasher, cleaning up, so on.
 
I spend a lot of my day at home here! Then at the advanced time of  8 to 9 p.m. I head to be and do puzzles on my iPad for an hour and then off to sleep and then the routine continues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment